Monday, February 16, 2009

Jiking the Jemez










Bonnie planned a wonderful Valentine's surprise for me - a ride into the country to parts unknown (to me). Unfortunately, or rather, as it happened, we had an early Valentine's Dinner at Cervantes where we split a Silver Margarita. We were both wiped out after that, so the trip was postponed until Sunday 15 February.

Wonderful adventure, any of you readers can repeat it: Head toward Bernalillo and take Route 4 West. Then look for 485, and take it about two miles into the Jemez Recreational Area of the Santa Fe National Forest. The last three miles (through the tunnels) are on 367.

What great photos! The originals are of course larger and thus more spectacular. Perhaps we should make this "from our house to yours" for 2009?

1 comment:

Barb Blackledge said...

Mike,
I got your birthday greeting -- and then mistakenly deleted it before being able to reply. So I'm trying to find your email -- and I found this blog with a Goodle Search.
Thanks for remembering my 60th!
Love,
Barb